Friday, February 6, 2009

Toilet Troubles


Lyric has a new interest, more like an obsession... the potty. If by chance someone forgets to close the bathroom door, she instantly makes a beeline for it. At first she was satisfied with a little hand dipping and splashing, but soon that lost excitement and she now finds random objects to splash around with and leaves them in the potty to hopefully be discovered. This last week, our toilet trinket discoveries have been: A board book, a magazine, a baby doll, a bracelet, a sock, a toothbrush, and a purse. Not too surprisingly, later in the week we had a clogged toilet. I got to get a little too friendly with the toilet (Ryan was bedridden with the flu) and ended up at Lowe's, purchasing a toilet snake. After about 20 minutes with the snake, out came the mystery objects: and handkerchief and star ornament (which apparently do not flush well). Bathroom door closing has become top priority.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

that cracks me up! Little kids and their obsessions. At least you know they are usually short- lived!!

Heather said...

I'm sorry Melissa! NOT FUN!!! We have been having issues too and we don't even have the children excuse! Luckily Seth has been able to handle everything so it didn't cost a fortune! You are amazing dealinfg with it yourself! I was willing to the first time, I had called my dad(who used to be a plumber) to ask him what I should do and he said close the door and wait till Seth gets home!! I guess he knew I probably would have lost my lunch!

heidi said...

That stinks! atleast you found the cause! None of my kids have been fascinated with toilets, until Miley. I definitely feel your pain!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Kids crack me up SO MUCH!!! Love the post and hope this little discovery will pass soon. So much fun right??

Alisha said...

I feel your pain sister! Carson mostly loves to just unravel the whole roll of toliet paper. I'll be calling you for plumbing advice if he kicks it up a notch :)