Thursday, October 18, 2007

Anne of Green Gables

So, apparently I missed out as a youth... I just read Anne of Green Gables for the first time. I totally fell in love with it. It seemed to be such a wonderful countenance of youth and innocence and growing up. Just thought if anyone else has been left in the dark... I would totally recommend it. I can't wait to get a copy of the second one. Prince Edward's Island was part of Ryan's mission and he has often talked about planning a trip there... after reading the book I truly appreciate the beauty and can't wait to see it for myself someday.

3 comments:

Kate McEuen said...

I'm sure that's a book my mom always told me to read- which is probably exactly why I never read it...

amanda p. said...

k you have to HAVE TO get the pbs movie of Anne of Green Gables! My sister and I watched it at least once a month on a regular basis our whole growing up! It's like two tapes long and goes over all three books(are there 3 books? I think so) Then you will make Ryan take you there asap. It's amazing :)
ps are you finding out what you are having?

Niki McDowell said...

I agree with the above comment. Get that movie and watch it. I never read the books but watched that movie and loved it as a little girl. It would be awesome to live in a place like that.