Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Blog


So, I just noticed, that I was tagged by my friend Susie, but am on my way out on a date (yes, a real-life, actual date), so I am going to keep the answers super short. By the way, thanks Kyra for giving up your night to watch everyone's kids- you are brave and a great friend!

Where did you meet your husband?
I met him during sacrament at my singles ward. He came to hear another girl sing, sat in the back next to me, and left with my number. Love at first sight.

What was the first thing he said to you?
I think he said he liked my dress... is it bad that I don't remember. I do remember he smelled delicious... he was wearing Aqua de Gio.

When was your first date?
That is up for debate. I say it was a Phunk Junkies concert, that he invited me to come to with all his buddies. (Neither of us like the Phunk Junkies.) I ended up paying for myself and his friend opened the car door for me. He claims that it WAS NOT a date. We had a blast sitting in the back talking together, though and from then on I knew he was a keeper.

When was your first kiss?
A few weeks after our first so called date. Very sweet.

Long/Short courtship/engagement?
We dated for about 8 months and then were engaged for 4 months, typical Mormon scenario.

When did you get married?
May 29, 2001

Where was your honeymoon?
Catalina Island, very beautiful and green. We had so much fun together, we even went on a cheesy sunset love cruise.

Happy Valentine's Day Ryan! I love you so much and fell in love all over again when you became a daddy. You are so wonderful with our kids and I am so happy to always be by your side.

I am tagging Kate, Shelley, Niki, and Alisha.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you have to be SO FREAKIN CUTE?!! K... so this is a SMASHING picture of you and Ryan!! He is a lucky man!! ;) For sure we need to get together again!! ;) We miss you guys!! SOON k?!!

The Jackson Family said...

I forgot how much i loved your wedding dress!! So beautiful! Well we couldn't be happier that you joined our family! We just love ya:). Also Nick and I can't wait to come down and visit so the sooner the baby comes the sooner we can come, haha:)

Kyra said...

you are a cute couple- i would have loved to see ryans friend open the door for you! what a gentleman..

melissa gargalis said...

I love the how we met stories. You are a beautiful bride. I'm excited to find out what you're having-what is your gut telling you?...

Heather said...

I LOVE your wedding dress! These pictures are beautiful! Thanks for sharing your story!

Kyle said...

I love that we share the same anniversary! And we went to the same place on our Honeymoon...I don't remember knowing that (although I am sure that I did). No baby yet..I am dying with anticipation :)
Kyle

What's for dinner? said...

Hey, Just found your blog! it's great to see how you are doing!

Alisha said...

Beautiful pictures! I'll post my answers as soon as I can!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Beautiful story, you guys are so cute, and you have the cutest kids as well. I really like your story, it is way cute and kinda funny, I dig it! It is always fun to have a good story. By the way, beautiful wedding pictures!